Jan 26, 2017

Here's my Inquisitor, pretty much finished (still lots of polishing left to do though I'm waiting to get more models done for that)

Inquisitor Ialdabaoth Rex, puritanical Amalthian of the Ordo Hereticus

The original idea was for dark armour and copper trim with verdigris though I was a bit nervous about trying out Nihilakh Oxide for the first time so did a few tests on spare models beforehand, though was a bit apprehensive of trying it on the proper model so I started slowly, adding multiple thin layers. Once I was done I had a look at the model and realised dark green armour wasn't going to work and i thought of using a slightly brighter colour scheme - white! I hate painting white, though thought I'd give it a go, and I'm quite happy with the results, giving my painting. 

Overall I'm pleased with the result - both the colour and the conversion. It's been a while since I've converted something with so many parts. He's an imposing figure - bordering on fat, if I do say so! (that bloodbound chest is huge and really a strange shape), though he isn't too far out, especially in terms of equipment (just a powersword and weird pistol and some grenades).

The main parts are the Khorne bloodbound body, custodian guard legs, grey knight head and old empire arms. The cloak is a mix of GS and milliput.

Now onto the rest of his retinue!

No comments:

Post a Comment